HP Printer / Plotter issue

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Paxton007, Nov 24, 2009.

1. Paxton007

Paxton007 MajorGeek

Alright, I have this HP Designjet 130 at the office, it's capable of printing on up to 18" x 24" paper. That's all we ever use in it. Around 1,000 sheets a month. It has 5 inks (I believe) but we usually only print line drawings, without color. I've used it a few times to print full color pictures on this paper, it's amazing.

Trouble is, I've now been trying to print black and white photographs, over a network and they're not working. Either right away, or within the first half of the picture, the b/w changes to greenish tinted (it's pretty green) and it's killing me. I have it set on "best" but it doesn't seem to be taking the 17 minutes per sheet that it's supposed to.

Any suggestions? I'd love to be able to figure this out!

The plotter is hooked up via USB to a computer and shared on the network here. Would it make sense to try printing from the computer it's plugged into? I don't like that girl, but I guess I could tell her to go away for a while if I had to.

2. Paxton007

Paxton007 MajorGeek

Just an update, in case anyone's thinking about this.. I tried the picture in jpg (original format) and bmp. I used Picasa once to convert it to B/W and photoshop once to convert it.

I tried printing both extensions from both programs, and had similar results.

Then I called Staples in town here, because they happen to have the same plotter at their store that they do prints with. They told me that they never had the problem, but always converted everything to a pdf file & printed like that.

So that's what I did. I converted the jpg to a pdf and printed it. Same result.

Anyhow, I ended up putting the pdf file (since they said they had it work) on a flash drive & walked it to the computer with the printer hooked up to it. I printed it from there, and it was flawless.

Turns out, the picture wasn't as big as I thought it was, I think I printed at 151% but it looks good, I'm happy with it.

Still, I don't understand why it won't work from here. I can't really be sneaky & use company resources to decorate my house if I have to walk all over the place telling people to go away while I print something. LOL

It's not really like that, I have clearance to do this. hehe

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds