HP PSC Prints/Scans Offline But Not Online

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by fordellcastle, Oct 12, 2007.

1. fordellcastle

fordellcastle Private E-2

My mother has an HP all-in-one printer that will scan and copy from books, magazines, etc. but will not let her print anything off of the computer/internet. I have installed it, uninstalled it, and reinstalled it twice now. No luck. She is 76, I am a Grandma, too, and she is counting on me to fix it for her! Can anyone please tell me what the problem is and how to correct it? It does have a USB cable that works, but she cannot print the things from her email and art sites she wants to save. Please let me know what to do. Thank you so much for any assistance.

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

The easiest way is to use a screen capture program. I use this free one
    Code:
    http://www.webtree.ca/newlife/printkey_info.htm
    It can also be downloaded from here
    Code:
    http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file/fid,22960-order,1-page,1-c,alldownloads/description.html
    I have it load at startup; it is an exe, meaning there is no install.
    To use it.
    1. press the print screen button
    2. click the icon that says rectangle
    3. A cross comes up, use the left mouse button held down and dragged until you get the rectangle enclosing everything that you want to print then lift up the mouse button.
    4. Click on the print icon and you get a print out of what you selected.

To set up before you use it:
    1. I didn't make changes in the picture option section but you can experiment with more or fewer colors (to save ink).
    2. Click on the Printer Options tab and select portrait or landsacape
    3. In Printer Alignment, I usually set mine up for Picture top left aligned. That way, I can turn the paper around and also print something else to save paper.
    4. I keep the proprtion at 100%
    5. I turned off printing footers
    6. I have copies set to 1
    7. Make sure that the printer giving trouble is shown as the printer to use.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds