HP3055 laserjet drivers?

Discussion in 'Software' started by watchntv, Dec 2, 2011.

1. watchntv

watchntv Private E-2

I dont have my printer connected to my laptop, so I took my laptop to my printer, HP laserjet 3055, and printed out a page off the internet.
    Then I opened a email I wanted to print, so I hit the GMAIL tab and opened the email,
    Print

UNKNOWN ERROR

HUH? I had just printed a page 4 seconds ago

my printer needs something to it? I turned the printer on and off and I checked the cords and I even tried to print the same page I had just printed' nothing

I know almost about computers, I do not know how to fix them, that's for sure........
    any ideas?

2. pip22

pip22 Private E-2

The Unknown Error isn't very helpful (not your fault of course) because I usually suggest re-installing the printer driver when a printer starts giving trouble, but the error doesn't refer to a driver problem. However, it's worth a try.

You can either re-install the driver from the CD supplied with the printer, or downlaod the latest driver from the HP website:

HP Support & Drivers for UK: http://www8.hp.com/uk/en/support-drivers.html

HP Support & Drivers for USA: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/support-drivers.html

Please remember, disconnect from PC & switch off the printer before you start installing the driver. Connect & switch on when you see the prompt.

3. watchntv

watchntv Private E-2

I went to that site before I posted this post,I don't know what to do there. I downloaded the software but I have no idea what to do with it

I think I learned something about my cord that connects my laptop to my printer; it might not be working? I qued the computer to print without the cord in the USB port and it gave me the same error as if the cord was in the usb port.
    Otherwise, I dont know how to fix this, computers are just foreign to me

4. watchntv

watchntv Private E-2

I have no idea why i think its a driver issue
    the error, in its entirity was:

An unknown error occurred while printing.

? I turned the printer on and off and I checked the cords and I even tried to print the same page I had just printed' nothing

I know almost about computers, I do not know how to fix them, that's for sure........
    any ideas?

5. watchntv

watchntv Private E-2

I just restored to an earlier date and now it works
    I dont really need the windows critical update?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds