1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'Malware Removal' started by Beaugie, Apr 12, 2011.

1. Beaugie

Beaugie Private E-2

HI there

Like a few others I have had "html:Iframe-inf" popup in avast at every website. I ran a scan in avast and it detected some 22 infections, and suggested that i should do a reboot and a startup scan. I did this and it seemed to find more infections - I asked it to quaranteen them all - until at some point it asked whether I was sure that I wanted to do so, as the infected file was in the windows library.
    At this point i became unsure and stopped the process and windows booted normally.
    I then followed your instructions in READ & RUN ME FIRST. Malware Removal Guide, and at some point quite early in the process I noticed that the avast popups had stopped. (and yes that was before I turned off the avast shield as part of the process in the guide).
    Furthermore, when I ran the scans you request I noticed that it found few or no infections - I was not quite sure how to interpret the screen-output from the final two programs. So in effect I am not entirely sure that the problem has not already been solved. I am posting this anyway, just to be sure, I hope this is ok.

Ok I guess that is about it. Im attaching logs from four programs. I did not run RootRepeal as I am using a 64bit version of Win7.

All the best, and thank you for your help.

Attached Files:

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

This was probably caused by a bad update from Avast. Try updating again, which should fix the issue, and see if you still have the problem.
  3. Beaugie

Beaugie Private E-2

Thank you. That was it I think. I have had no problems since then.

4. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

You are welcome. Safe surfing. :)