HTML question.. need help.. I can figure this out lol

Discussion in 'Software' started by Still Learning, Nov 27, 2006.

1. Still Learning

Still Learning Private First Class

Ok, this has really been bugging me, i've been sitting for hours trying to figure this out..

The problem is I cant change the size or color of my font for my links

At the top of my webpage I have some word links that the user can click on to goto another page. In Dream weaver it shows correctly exactly how it is suppose to look, then when I upload it to the web server all the word links are a really small font, like 8pxls or something..

the link is V oice F A C tor .com without the spaces.. the home page is the one im having trouble with.. ahhhhh

any help would be greatly apprciated. It is probuly something simple but I am having a brain fart.

2. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

Your using CSS, these settings are typically stored in that file. Look for and open stylesheet.css. Odds are Dreamweaver will be no help here, you will need to find links, their corresponding code (height, color) and change them.

3. Still Learning

Still Learning Private First Class

I apprciate the quick response, I will do that. I have limited knowledge of CSS.
    It is basically like a style/settings file for the website, correct?
    Thanks for the help!

4. matt.chugg

matt.chugg MajorGeek

Correct, a style sheet contains sets of styles that can be applied to elements of a website.

In your case the stylesheet is called stylesheet.css and is in a folder called styles in the root of your hosting area.

5. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

Remember that most browsers won't apply formatting to just "a"
    You should use:
    Code:
    a:link {color:blue; }

It'd be best to put this into an external stylesheet, as this will make the change site-wide.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds