http://driveragent.com

Discussion in 'Software' started by plmm0, Jan 17, 2008.

1. plmm0

plmm0 Private E-2

hello

i ran a scan on that site and it say i need to update some drives has any one use that site are they good

thank you

2. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

They always say something needs updated. I have a fairly new PC and even after getting updates from HP, they tell me I need driver updates. AND usually you have to pay for them.
    Best way is to check your Device Manager. If all is good there, don't worry, especially if everything is running good.

3. oma

oma MajorGeek

I just ran a scan too! It said that I have 45% Bad Drivers. My computer is almost 4 years "young" and have never updated any drivers because I don't know how to do an update/check under "Device Manager" on my Windows XP Home. Due to the age of my computer I really think I do need some updates though. Do I need to get them from each mfg co? I'm still a newbie. I don't want to pay for any updates.

Thank you.

4. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

If you have a Dell, HP or some of the other major brands, you can get all your model's updates in one place. Just go to their site, input your model, and select drivers.
    Otherwise, yes, you would have to go to each separate site.
    You shouldn't need to pay for any drivers. Don't fall for any site, app, or trick that says you do.

To update through Device Manager, right click on the Device, choose update and follow the prompts. Let it search the internet. (I have never had any luck doing it that way though)
    The main drivers you will need are chipset, audio, and video (display) There are others like your HDD, but if things are working well, there really is no need to update.

If you need any more help, post an attachment of your systems hardware. (Manufacturer, model number, and OS always helps)
    Use Everest to get a report of your system’s hardware, OS, and drivers. Upload the report as an attachment
    Everest: http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=4181
    When Everest is done scanning, click "Report" at the top of the Everest window, click next to get to "Report Profile", select "Hardware related pages", click next, select "Plain Text", click "Finish". Then when it is done processing, click "Save To File". Save it where you want to. (I would use Desktop.)
    Click "Go Advanced" in the MG reply box, scroll down a little way until you see "Manage Attachments", click it, browse to your file, click "Upload", and close the window. Then submit the post. You may have to also type something in the reply box, like, "Here's my report.", so that it will submit.

5. oma

oma MajorGeek

Thank you musksnipe for all the info you've given.

Yes, I do have a Dell so I will get there first to see if any new drivers have to be installed.

Additionally, I downloaded the software you recommended but don't see any heading "Hardware related pages" though. I selected/clicked on the the "computer" and got 84 pages and was dumb enough to print them all out. :eek:
    I've never seen a similar software that gives so much info!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds