HTTP proxy

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by marsbary, Jan 16, 2007.

1. marsbary

marsbary Private E-2

I have this pop up constantly at my workstation at work. "Your HTTP proxy requires user authentification. Please enter the approproate user name and password.
    Proxy address: 192.168.90.18:3128
    Username: bmarshall9587
    Password: XXXX"

I am still able to get on the internet and the local intranet, but this crazy window will appear maybe twice an hour. I have tried to verify my user name and password, but it keeps popping up. The problem is that I went to our IT guy, and he can't stop it, in fact, the same window pops up on his workstation. Any thoughts?

2. matt.chugg

matt.chugg MajorGeek

192.168.90.18 is a local address indicating to me that the proxy is running on a server somewhere inside your company.

The fact that it seems to happen every half an hour would indicate a session timeout. similair to if you don't move your mouse your screensaver comes on, if you are inactive your session will expire and you will need to reauthenticate for security purposes.

There will be a setting on the proxy server that deals with the authentication, unfortunately I can't help you more than that, this is a problem that needs to be dealt with by your IT department. If your IT Dept. does not know how to configure the proxy server then perhaps they need to employ someone who does ;)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds