HUGE cpu time on system idle process

Discussion in 'Software' started by wackywelshman, Aug 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wackywelshman

wackywelshman Private E-2

Hi,
    Can anyone tell me why when I go to the task manager and then processes (win 2k pro) I have a jobbie at the top called system idle process which seems to be taking up 99 % of my cpu ? I have done full virus scans, spyware and adware checks. I have also used spybot to turn off as much as pos in the start up jobbie..... but its STILL there!

there is a screen dump of the task manager attached if that might help anyone........

Any ideas anyone?

Cheers

wacky

Attached Files:

2. Vlad902

Vlad902 Guest

It keeps your CPU cold, what it does is it's the lowest priority possible and when your computer is idle your CPU gets hot trying to find something to do, so what the proccess does is it cools the CPU by constantly giving it something to do...

3. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

IOW its harmless :)

just sends hlt commands to the processor to do, as vlad said, keep it cool when your not using it.
    There used to be third party programs to do just that for win9x, since it didnt support "cooling down"

4. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Just keep moving your mouse.

That will keep the usage down ;)

5. Vlad902

Vlad902 Guest

Or use Internet Exploite... ahh... Explorer... :rolleyes:

6. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

:rolleyes: I know you like to bash Windows or IE every chance you get, but it doesn't really help...or make a difference.

7. Vlad902

Vlad902 Guest

Good to know that I'm understood :p

8. da chicken

da chicken MajorGeek

You could use Mozilla RC 1.5, too. That's gotta be the most bloated software I've ever seen... Windows ME included.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds