1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Huge files on my computer

Discussion in 'Software' started by tmontgo, Dec 15, 2008.

1. tmontgo

tmontgo Private E-2

I have a 160G hard drive, and since I keep my data on my external drive, it shouldn't be full. I found the following big files:

hiberfil.sys system file 2G
    pagefile.sys system file 2G

RRbackups 88.4 GB
    SWTOOLS 1.88 G

What is RRbackups? The date modified is 12/26/2007. I'm thinking I can delete this, but wanted to make sure.

Also, in Program Files, there are folders for programs that have been removed from my program list. Can I delete these folders?

Thanks so much for your help.

2. tmontgo

tmontgo Private E-2

I wanted to add one thing to the question above. The folder "RRbackups" is a lighter color yellow. I'm not sure what that means.
  3. tmontgo

tmontgo Private E-2

Thanks so much for your response, Mark. I have a program called "ThinkVantage Active Protection". Is this what created the RRbackups folder? I don't see ThinkVantage Rescue and Recovery in my add/remove programs list, but I do get a message just about everyday that says "ThinkVantage Rescue and Recovery does not have enough space to run" (or something like that).
    Can I delete this program and the huge file?