Huge FPS issue.

Discussion in 'Software' started by ohanselo, Jan 12, 2012.

1. ohanselo

ohanselo Private E-2

I am not too good with this computer tech stuff so I was just wondering if maybe you guys could help me out.

The Issue: My computer is much better than the second one in my house, even so the lower-end one has better FPS than my computer Why is that??
    My PC:
    Pentium R (Dual Core)E5200
    2.5 GHZ
    4 Gigs of RAM
    ATI Radeon HD 5670

-----VS------------

Nvidia 9400 GT
    2.5 GHZ Pentium R E5200
    2 Gigs of RAM
    Dual Core

Most of the forums I post on don't really give me any true help. My Computer is clean, I have formatted it just to make sure defragging or the computer being too "dirty". I believe all the Drivers are up to date. Both of the computers are at the same setting. The FPS ISSUE is worst when I look in a certain direction in game. Same Resolution and all. How is it possible that the lower end is better than my Comp?

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

What Windows Version and Service Pack is this PC using?

If the drivers are up to date then the next thing you need to look at is what applications are starting up with the PC as too many in startup will lead to a slower PC and thus low FPS, you can give us a list of your startups in the guide below and we can slim down the not needed ones which may help.

3. ohanselo

ohanselo Private E-2

Windows XP Home. Service Pack 3 now. I just realized that it was on 2 still. I have very few things running in the background. I even run GameBooster which disables even the toolbar of your screen.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds