I am having difficulty with Explore and Firefox

Discussion in 'Software' started by Poof, Apr 18, 2008.

1. Poof

Poof Private E-2

This is the problem Firefox and Explorer are not playing nicely. I have microsoft XP and Microsoft office 2007. So to update the security functions on microsoft or to update Office 2007 - I have to use Explorer.

Now, I tend to use Firefox most of the time, but when I loaded firefox - it disabled all of Explorer's add-ons (including Xactive (it could be called something else, but I know it has an X in it). When I look at the Manage Add-ons under Explorer - it shows that they are all Enabled - go figure. I cannot download the updates without this Xactive pgm, and I cannot download while in Firefox.

Could the solution be as simple as making Explore the default browser - or would that screw-up Firefox (which is my default right now). I feel like I am in a playground where two children cannot play nicely. I should be able to use either one without any problems.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Both require that you use Internet Explorer ...though there is an add-on for Foxfire to simulate IE ...and welcome to MG's :)

3. Poof

Poof Private E-2

TimW, I put some add-ons in, and now Firefox is soooo slow. Can certain ones goof-up Yahoo's ability to read scripts. Susan

4. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Yes noscript.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds