I can not get second life to work

Discussion in 'Software' started by lija30, Jan 13, 2011.

1. lija30

lija30 Private E-2

I have tried to get second life to load to my laptop..and it does but half way through the game it uninstalls itself does anybody know why it does this?

2. Kestrel13!

Kestrel13! Super Malware Fighter - Major Dilemma Staff Member

You will have to wait for other replies to filter in, but in the mean time address these questions:

• What version are you trying to install, the latest?
    • What are the specs of your laptop?

3. lija30

lija30 Private E-2

i have a hp pavillion entertainment pc
    just the latest verison of second life

4. Kestrel13!

5. Kestrel13!

Another question would be simply: Do you get any errors when it rolls back during installation at all?

6. lija30

lija30 Private E-2

i have the requirements

7. Kestrel13!

Then I would wait for Mimsy to log in, or one of the others. I don't know what else to suggest apart from Uninstalling it > rebooting > using something like Ccleaner > and rebooting and attempting again to install. Do you have a firewall that could be preventing install?

8. Mimsy

Mimsy Superior Imperial Queen of the MG Games Forum

I heard my name? :)

lija:
    Games don't suddenly stop installing themselves on a whim, which means that if we can find whatever is stopping it, we can get this fixed. To do that I need a little bit of information, in addition to what you've already told Kestrel (thanks, Kes! :) )

What version of Windows do you have? Did Second Life use to run on this laptop or is this the first time you're trying to install it? Which firewall and antivirus you're running would also be helpful to know.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds