I can not use my foxfire browser because of Google Toolbar

Discussion in 'Software' started by vestalmiss, May 14, 2007.

1. vestalmiss

vestalmiss Private E-2

Has anyone else had this problem. My son downloaded DivX and he added google desk and google toolbar. Now I get this pop up that will not let me use foxfire.

Frustrated Mom

Vestalmiss

2. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

You can remove DivX by:

Start>Control Panel> Sounds and Audio Devices>Hardware>Video Codecs> Properties. Select the one you wish to uninstall and click REMOVE.

To remove the Google Toolbar and Desk go START>Control Panel>Add/Remove Programs......select the appropriate program i.e. Google Toolbar and click REMOVE.

Then reboot and retry Firefox. If you still get any error messages, please let us know exactly what the message is.

3. vestalmiss

vestalmiss Private E-2

Hey Lev thanks for the kind reply.

Now I tried everything you suggested. I even tried to uninstall FoxFire.

The Pop up says,

It will not let me right click the message but here it goes.

It says

Thanks for installing The Google Toolbar!
    Select your search site : Then there is a drop down menu.

a box with a check mark in it that says Use Google as my default search engine in foxfire.
    a second box that is checked and says :allow all downloads from Google

Then in Bright Red text it says WE KNOW YOU JUST WANT THE TOOLBAR BUT PLEASE READ THIS FIRST.

BY USING CERTIAN FEATURE OF THE GOOGLE TOOLBAR YOU MAY BE SENDING INFORMATION

ETC...

I don't feel like typing it all but it says that this toolbar will send info to google

I thought you might need to know that I have Major Geeks as my home page.

Last edited: May 14, 2007

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds