I can't access the recovery partition!

Discussion in 'Software' started by Nosalos, Feb 14, 2011.

1. Nosalos

Nosalos Private E-2

Hello,

Before formating my computer I did put some important files for my future school in the recovery partition, and now I can't see them :

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm sure my files are still here because the partition is still full and that it worked on another pc.
    My computer is a Compaq with Vista.

Can you help me please? Thanks!!

2. tgell

tgell Major Geek Extraordinaire

Hello,
    I have read that a person can see these files using Total Commander and enabling "show hidden files" or you might want to download a small linux distro like Puppy Live CD and look at the contents with that. You will have to burn the iso image with something like Imgburn.

3. Earthling

Earthling Interplanetary Geek

It's a very bad idea to store anything on the recovery partition but all may not be lost. Have a read HERE, and good luck!

4. Nosalos

Nosalos Private E-2

I managed to get my files! Thanks a lot!
    I don't know why but the partition is still full though the files are no longer in the partition :confused

5. Earthling

Earthling Interplanetary Geek

Well done, and thanks for feedback :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds