I can't connect my Cannon Pixma MG6650 to Router

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Rookminka2017, Sep 6, 2015.

1. Rookminka2017

Rookminka2017 Private First Class

I can't connect my Cannon Pixma MG6650 to Router.

I am trying to get my Cannon Pixma to print using my Wireless Network.
    But the printer wont install and says its not found on the Network List. My Router is a Netgear N300. I am running Win Ten Pro 64 and i have the correct driver from Cannon.

It says it has found the connection on the printer but the printer does not show up in Windows Devices and Printers.

I cant print or scan from the Printer to the PC.

Help Please! :)

2. scajjr

scajjr Sergeant

Do you manually have to set an IP address in the printer so it can be a device on the network?

Sam

3. Rookminka2017

I am not sure as the Cannon Manual is rubbish.

4. Rookminka2017

5. DOA

DOA MG's Loki

Step one, find your printer!
    Try opening your "network neighborhood", let it completely load, look closely, refresh.
    If not, try the "Network and Sharing Center" See Full Map - refresh and wait a couple of times.
    Lastly try typing the printer IP address in your browser

If you cannot see your printer ever, you are like me. I have to have an ethernet wire from the printer to the WIFI router. My printer just refused to go wireless with its adapter.

6. Rookminka2017

Cannon said do this:

First please press the HOME button:

1. Select ‘Setup’ and press OK

2. Select ‘Device Settings’ and press OK

3. Select ‘LAN Settings’ and press OK

4. Select ‘WLAN Setup’ and press OK

5. Select other connection methods and select ‘Standard’

6. Select your access point

7. Enter your password and connect

The password is located on the back of your router.

Once you have connected your printer to the wireless network, please download and install the drivers on every computer you would like to use with your printer, select the wireless connection method in order to print wirelessly.

The link for the drivers were sent to you in a previous email.

I go through all the Cannon Setup Programe and it detects the Access Point but when it get to the end of the Setup with the Printers on Network list it is not on it.

I have tried what it says to do if the Setup can't find it clicking Next, Update, Setting printer could not be found on the list. It still will not work.

7. Rookminka2017

Cannon could not fix it. They advised me to take it to a Cannon service place to get the Wifi checked. Or take back to where i bought it. I did that today and got my money back.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds