I can't find a specific driver, please help! s7310n

Discussion in 'Software' started by Hobojo, May 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hobojo

Hobojo Private E-2

hey, I just recently reformatted a friends computer with windows xp. Unfortunately it didn't come with any LAN drivers.. So I'm basically looking for LAN drivers. I checked the HP website but it doesnt provide any LAN drivers. I checked the specification page and it says the LAN is called Integrated 10/100 Base-T networking interface. Can anyone help me out on this please?

The computer is a HP Pavilion Slimline S7310N

THX!!

2. thesmokingun

thesmokingun MajorGeek

hmm, strange, there really arent any there...usually if there are no drivers, than they use the ones that windows loads, but not in this case huh? could there be any possibility that the network card is turned off by the bios? another thing might be to make sure that windows is up to date (i know you don't have the drivers for the network card loaded, but if you can try another card or way of getting online) as in service pack 2. also, try downloading the chipset drivers, the net drivers might be included in there?

further digging, on the specs page, it says you have this network card:
    Intel 82562GT
    and of course i cant find those exact drivers on intel's site.

here's info on that motherboard: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...n&cc=us&dlc=en&product=1156509&os=228&lang=en

3. Hobojo

Hobojo Private E-2

Thanks for replying very rapidly smokingun you super cool person. How did you find out that out that the card is a Intel 82562GT?? Well other than that that, I fixed the problem!!
    I entered Intel 82562GT drivers in google and out it came on the first search result!
    Your awesome man and thanks again for replying!

btw if anyone here might have the same problem, heres the link to fix it.
    http://downloadcenter.intel.com/dow...O2KXP.exe&DwnldId=4275&ProductID=998&lang=eng

man, HP needs to provide better driver service cause... IT SUCKS!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds