I can't get the correct colors!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by SiTRiC, Sep 9, 2005.

1. SiTRiC

SiTRiC Private E-2

hi there...
    i bought this comp. in 202
    compaq presario 3650AP
    it has a motherboard with an intel chipset (brookdale).....
    it came with a nvidia TNT2 64 Pro video card with 32MB vram.....
    i recently upgraded to an nvidia XFX GeForce FX 5200 128DDR....
    now the problem is that the colours are very dull on my screen....
    though i can correct them by the nvidia driver color correction tool but by default everything is very dark...... i have a 4x AGP slot...... 512 MB SD ram... a p4 1.6Ghz and winXP SP2.......when i start a game or dos in full screen the colour goes back again to the really dull one.... i tried gtting the latest 77.xx drivers but it didn't help........ can someone please help me..... my monitor supports only 60hz frequency.....
    also there was another problem that when i tried to run FIFA 2005.... the menus where fine but when i went in game (ie. the actual game) the screen started flickering... the actual monitor thing wasn't flickering but the internal display was.... i tried to record the flickernig with FRAPS but when i viewed the recorded problem it was perfectly fine... i mean it only happens when i go ingame... don't know why......
    please help... majorgeeks is my "last" hope!!!
    please tell me if any more info is required
    PS: the no. "5500" is written on the top right corner of my monitor and "compaq" on the top left..... but it says pres 3650AP on the CPU....

2. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

Just to confirm a few things this is a desktop computer with a crt monitor,if so,it does support a refresh rate of above 60hz,try showing the refresh rates this monitor doesnt support and selecting 800 x 600 85hz,you should only use refresh rates of above 85hz on a crt so you do not damage your eyes,you may also need the drivers for your monitor for them to be shown,if its an lcd ignore.

have you tried adjusting the colour correction controls on the front panel of your monitor?if not turn all 3 colours up,also set the contrast and brightness to about 80%.

Also when you adjust the colours in colour correction in the video card properties in the apply colour changes select all,then save your profile under the name of your choice,so have somewhere to go back to if windows loses your custom colour setup :)

3. SiTRiC

SiTRiC Private E-2

the problem is that i cannot fin dthe drivers at compaq.com or cant find the disk!!! and my monitor doesnt support more than 60Hz.... shud i consider changing the monitor? or is there something wrong with the hardware in my CPU?

4. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

Post the make and model of your monitor,its just a driver or software issue,I highly doubt there is anything wrong with your monitor,have you tried anything I have mentioned?If your screen is an lcd "thin"it will only run at 60 hz thats normal,if its a crt it will definately run higher than 60hz with the right software

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds