I can't install CCleaner, getting an error message

Discussion in 'Software' started by amandajsmom, Feb 8, 2011.

1. amandajsmom

amandajsmom Private E-2

Hi,

I have a 'new' used computer from the office that I am setting up for the kids. I'm running Win XP Pro, with SP3. I have disconnected network drives (from the office), and am now malware-proofing the computer.

I've installed a few things, as recommend (Anti-vir, Spybot, Spyware Blaster) and I'm trying to install CCleaner. I downloaded the latest version, saved it to my program files, and when I try to run the executable, here is what I get:

CCLeaner v3.03 setup:

Error opening file for writing:
    c:\program files\ccleaner\ccleaner.exe
    click abort to stop the installation, retry to try again, or ignore to skip this file.

I click retry, obviously doesn't work, so I click ignore, and the install finishes running, and tells me CCleaner has been installed, but I don't have the icon to click on to run the cleaner, just the same shortcut that I had before to install. Why wouldn't it install? I've never had CCleaner not install before.

This is software, so hope I'm posting in the right place.

2. amandajsmom

amandajsmom Private E-2

Sorry, never mind. While waiting, I downloaded CCleaner from a different site, and it appears to be working. Please delete/ignore this post!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds