I can't install Dell Webcam Central

Discussion in 'Software' started by snowman101, Feb 23, 2014.

1. snowman101

snowman101 Private E-2

A few weeks ago my dell laptop crashed because of a power failure and I had to have my hard drive replaced and my OS re-installed. So I lost most of my basic utilities and applications. I think I managed to get most of my drivers back (not sure) but I can't seem to get my webcam working (using skype or otherwise). I've tried to install the Dell Webcam Central but it keeps throwing me an error saying Live! Avatar Creator is not detected. I don't understand. Why do I need Live! Avatar Creator in order to install Dell Webcam Central? I didn't have it before. Someone please help. I've tried the online Dell drivers support but nothing has worked so far. Help!

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

What model Dell do you have and a Service Tag code helps to find any drivers you may need at Dell HERE

What Windows version and Service Pack are you using?

The Live! avatar creator is likely due to the webcam in some Dells being from Creative and its a component, some info HERE

Also check Device Manager for any yellow ! marks by any devices and let us know what they are?

Do make sure your Windows version is upto date also.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds