I cant remove Cyber Security

Discussion in 'Software' started by Tonyrush, Nov 20, 2009.

1. Tonyrush

Tonyrush Corporal

I am trying to remove a virus from a toshiba staellite laptop with vista on it. It had CyberSecurity that wasn't registered. It got a virus and now I can't get AVG to run because cybersec is still there.It's not listed in add-remove programs. How do I make it go away? Thanks, Tony rolleyes

2. bigtrucks

bigtrucks MajorGeek

3. TeeCee

TeeCee MajorGeek

Hi Tonyrush:wave, click onto the link bigtrucks has provided, and go straight for the READ & RUN ME FIRST if one step doesn't work, don't stop, continue, and any error you get, write it down.. Just because one step doesn't work, doesn't mean the rest won't,... Then, create a new post in the Malware thread.. Just one, and wait for them to contact you when you come up in the Que... Don't post any more to the original post, because each post will put you back to the end of the line, and that means more waiting... Best of luck to you, we have the BEST Malware Fighters around!;)

4. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

5. Tonyrush

Tonyrush Corporal

I found an easy way to solve the problem! I removed the hard drive from the virus infected laptop. I updated the virus signatures on my primary desktop. I then attached the drive to my desktop with an sata/ide adapter, and I sat back and let my desktop remove the virus automatically. "No problem". I hope this helps someone else that has the same problem.

6. Tonyrush

Tonyrush Corporal

I took the advice of a friend and I used an adapter to adapt the sata hard drive to usb, then connected it to my pc and I let my anti-virus program take care of the problem. And within a small amount of time, over 138 viruses were found and eliminated. Thanks for all of the advice though.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds