I can't uninstall a program

Discussion in 'Software' started by TheBlackClap, Feb 12, 2008.

1. TheBlackClap

TheBlackClap Private First Class

I recently purchased Civilization IV, great game until I downloaded the new patch for it and it crashed on me. Now I can't even load the game. When I go into add/remove programs it gives me an error message saying that it can not remove it. When I try and download it again, it says that my PC has detected the newer version (patch that crashed) and until I remove that, I can not reinstall. I have tried the same thing in CCleaner. At the add/remove program list, the patch is all that is there (roughly 64mb) However I get the error message saying it can't remove it. Any help would be great. I have been messing with it for about 2 hours. I have removed everything but can't find that 64mb file. Thanks in advance.

2. TheBlackClap

I found RegSeeker. I searched under Civilization and found 25 entries. I deleted them and now found an INSTALL button available when I autorun the disc. However it still states that I have version 1.74.000, I can't find it.

3. TheBlackClap

Any ideas?

4. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

Install from the CD MIGHT offer uninstall options. Try going to the folder it is installed to and look for a remove, unwise or similar named executeable. Otherwise, you have to go old school, delete the folder, delete registry entries and finally remove the listing from add\remove programs.

5. TheBlackClap

When I explore the install CD, there is no uninstall option.

I have already removed everything from my PC except this stupid 1.74.000 patch. I can't find where it is. When I downloaded it from online lastnight it said it was dloading to 'temorary folder'. I have been searching, regseek'in for this patch but can't find it.

I have manually deleted all that I can, however this patch is sticking like glue to my harddrive.

6. TheBlackClap

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds