I cant uninstall any Apple products.

Discussion in 'Software' started by xhayatox, Nov 3, 2011.

1. xhayatox

xhayatox Private First Class

Ok, I've been having this problem for a few weeks now. I recently uninstalled Itunes, and since then I haven't been able to properly uninstall any of the other programs that it came with.

Here is the list of Apple products I have.

[​IMG]

Whenever I try to uninstall ANY of the apple software, I always get the following errors. Note, each different Apple product gives me a different error whenever i try to uninstall it.

These are all the different error messages that I am getting. I have also tried using Revo to uninstall these programs, but it didn't work.

[​IMG]

2. tgell

tgell Major Geek Extraordinaire

Download and "Run as Admin" the Microsoft Installer Cleanup Utility. Go down the list and select anything related to itunes or apple programs you cannot uninstall. Highlight the program and select remove. Reboot.

[​IMG]

3. xhayatox

Awesome thank you. it worked perfectly :). Now, when I try to delete the actual Bonjour folder, I get this error.

[​IMG]

I even disabled UAC but it still comes up :(

4. tgell

I am not that good with permissions. Somebody here may be able to tell you how to change permissions. You may have to take ownership of the folder. You have to have simple files sharing turned off so you can see the Security tab when you right click the folder and then select properties. Then look at the permissions and see if you have full control.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308419

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308421

Another way to delete it would be to do it offline. You can download a small linux distro called Puppy. Burn the iso with something like Imgburn or Nero. Then boot the CD and navigate to the folder and delete. Puppy by default uses root which pretty much guarantees you will be able to delete the folder. The new version is 5.3 but I have not tried that yet. You can still download v 5.28 here. You can also use Hirens boot CD using Mini-XP if you have that.

5. tgell

Sorry, the links I posted are for XP. For some reason I thought that is what you are using. Are you using Visa or Windows 7?

6. xhayatox

No problem. I'm running Vista 64 bit.

7. tgell

8. beezneez

beezneez Corporal

Its a funny thing about Apple products but they always give me trouble. I have to use itTunes on my Windows 7 machine and every now and then I have to do an uninstall and start again. The most important thing is to uninstall in the correct order.
    1.iTunes..2.Quicktime..3.Apple Software Updates..4.Apple Mobile Device Support..
    5.Bonjour..6. Apple Application Support. Since I have followed these rules I have had no problem with uninstalling and reinstalling. I have all the music on iTunes backed up on CD so I don't lose anything. Having said all this I really, really hate iTunes but am stuck with it.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds