I deleted my sound drivers and cannot hear anything now

Discussion in 'Software' started by dionmax, Sep 27, 2010.

1. dionmax

dionmax Private E-2

Can anyone help me?

2. dionmax

dionmax Private E-2

I have a compaq presario 520j PC

3. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

This is a UK model. Unfortunately, I can't get HP support to show me your model.
    I start here http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/support.html and then select drivers and put in your model number.
    The site does not allow me to change the us to uk.

4. LocknLod

LocknLod Private E-2

If you're running Windows XP you may be able to go to Control Panel > System, > Hardware > Device Manager > Sound, Video & Game Controllers > Right click Legacy Audio Drivers and click 'Update Driver'.

Though you 'deleted' your drivers they may still be resident on the system, or Windows can search for best & install.

5. Broni

Broni Private First Class

Are you sure about that model?
    At HP site, I can only see Compaq Presario 520 Desktop PC, which is very old model running Windows 98 at the most.

I can see though Compaq Presario SR1318NX B Desktop Computer Bundle With Intel Pentium 4 Processor 520J

6. pwillener

pwillener MajorGeek

Didn't your PC come with a drivers disk?

7. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

In the US, PCs do not come with disks. The manufacturer gives instructions and expects the owner to burn recovery DVDs and driver CDs. I had to do this for the last computer I bought in October 2009. A friend bought three new computers in November 2009 and I had to create restore DVDs for her three computers (different brand than mine).

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds