I deleted system volume information

Discussion in 'Software' started by victorj, Nov 28, 2008.

1. victorj

victorj Private E-2

I used baku 2 weeks ago and deleted my sytem volume information. Win xp and now no restore,no help,no run etc. Still online and still lost ????

2. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

I'm not understanding your problem very well as your post is somewhat brief and hard to comprehend.

1. I'm assuming by "baku" you mean backup? Please confirm.

2. When you say you deleted your system volume information do you mean the actual folder itself, or the contents of the folder?

3. When you say "no restore" do you mean you can not now set a restore point?

Any further details you can give as to what you did and what you are trying to do would be helpful.

3. victorj

victorj Private E-2

Thanks for reading my post
    i ran baku once and deleted my system volume information under thier hidden files tab. My folder is still here but has no bytes. Since then i have no restore,no "run" function and no "help" function. Baku was a program i downloaded to fix registry issues and clean temp files

4. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

I'm with you now. Baku automatically backs up your registry before it cleans, but as I'm not familiar with this program I'm going to see if another Administrator can assist you.

5. victorj

victorj Private E-2

I deleted baku a week ago.am i making one error after another?

6. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

CCleaner is a more established, conservative cleaner more suited to the average person. Can you create a restore point? If so, then there should be no problem. If you need to restore and they are gone, we need details as to why you need to restore. In other words, I still dont see exatcly what issues or errors you might be having?

7. Major Attitude

No, deleting Baku causes no harm unless it had a restore function. Let us know your exact problem as of this time.

8. victorj

victorj Private E-2

Now when i go to "start" run and type in anything it doesnt work. Same with the help function and the restore funtion in accesories. System restore does not work at all.

9. Major Attitude

You might need to boot from your Windows CD and choose restore. That is my only guess at this time. It would be my next attempt. Almost 1 am here, need to sleep, will try to check back.

10. victorj

victorj Private E-2

Next in my little saga
    my sis in law took my disk last year and knows nothing.

11. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

I guess you are going to have to ask her for them back, because without them you are stumped unfortunately.

12. Cat_w_9_lives

Cat_w_9_lives Major KittyCat

13. Corporal Punishment

Corporal Punishment Administrator Staff Member

I am not sure this is a problem, because that folder is supposed to show as zero bytes.

Attached Files:

• sys.gif
      sys.gif
      File size:
      123.3 KB
      Views:

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds