i dont know what the problem is???????????

Discussion in 'Software' started by coboy, Oct 19, 2004.

1. coboy

coboy Private E-2

i hope that there is someone that can help me, so any offers are very welcome.

there seems to be little problems on my comp, now i dont have a virus as far as i can tell i always scan the comp with up-to-date scanners, and the same with the ad-ware and spybot, they too are always up-to-date and they detect nothing.

so this is what happens. at times when i try to open folders, no particular one, the computer freezes, then the screen goes blank, and then explorer starts agian. then there is the problem with the task bar, it will never remember the settings of what is to be hiding and what not etc.
    my desktop, when rearanged will not stick, when i reboot it goes back to default settings. and finally, t keeps booting me off my wireless network??????????

sorry for the list, but i dont know what to do..

i dont have sp2 installed on my comp at the moment, so could it be this is causing the problems?????

i have heard bad things bout sp2 though.

so any ideas will be very appreciated.
    thanks for your time,
    coboy

2. Wavetar

Wavetar Sergeant

It sounds like one of your system files has become corrupted at some point. You can try the 'system file checker' to restore it. You may need your WinXP CD to restore files if they are found bad. Go to the 'run' prompt & type:

sfc /scannow

If that doesn't seem to help, open the command prompt window and do a checkdisk. Type the following:

chkdsk /f

If it doesn't allow you to run the chkdsk (volume in use by another process), it'll let you choose to have it performed upon bootup.

Good luck,

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds