I.E. 6 ToolBar Arrangement

Discussion in 'Software' started by bobkemp, Aug 24, 2004.

1. bobkemp

bobkemp Private E-2

Am having this problem on 1 of my 4 computers. It's a Toshiba running XP Pro & I.E. 6, all available updates applied. Norton Anti-Virus is up-to-date and the latest AdAware SE Professional reports no problems. The IE toolbars revert to a set arrangement even though I unlock them, rearrange, relock, quit the browser & start IE up again. Nothing is there I don't want to be there, but they're not arranged the way I want, as they are on the other 3 computers. Have done a lot of registry editing & audits as suggested by a Microsoft guy on the MS community forums, but he finally ran out of ideas & said to try you guys. I do have a hijackthis log which I can upload if you wish. I really don't think I've been hijacked by anything; I think it's more of a Microsoft problem. I even vaguely remember it happening before, but can't remember what a different MS guy told me to do to fix it. Any ideas?

2. krazykrl

krazykrl Sergeant Major

Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling the toolbar?

3. bobkemp

bobkemp Private E-2

You can uninstall/install the IE Toolbar? Can you tell me how? I've never heard of this.

4. krazykrl

krazykrl Sergeant Major

The TOOLBAR yes, not IE itself. Unless this is SP2 in which case I have no idea.

Check your Add/Remove programs list for it.

Unless you are talking about something else, than yes you can uninstall a toolbar.

5. bobkemp

bobkemp Private E-2

I don't have SP2. Have thoroughly gone through Add/Remove Programs (Programs & Windows Components) & find no mention of the IE Toolbar. All I see is IE itself under Windows Components.
    Remember, this is the toolbar set that is built into IE, not some add-on.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds