I hate roaches!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Insomniac, Jan 19, 2006.

1. Insomniac

Insomniac Billy Ray Cyrus #1 Fan

Palmetto Bugs, that's too classy a name for yukky roaches.

2. hateuall

hateuall Private First Class

Never had a roach problem until about 6 months ago. I don't know where the hell they came from. First it was only a few adults in the outside then I killed one in the living room. Then nothing and now we got a few only in the bath tub. There babies. I don't know what the hell to do. I got traps some roach spray but can't really use it cause I'm afraid they will go to the next room, which is my bedroom. Why the hell hasn't anyone invented a plague for these things. We got a million they got nothing. That ain't fair. The one thing I love is spiders. NOt the crazy big ones, but the little ones that are harmless to people but feed on those guys. I have seen only like 3 the past month, wish there were more. Those spiderman b9stards will eat anything I guess, cause in my old house once we got them roaches moved out quick. Hell I'd hold one in my hand and pet it if I didn't want them to lay something crazy in me.

3. Sasquatch77

Sasquatch77 MajorGeek

While in the employ of the United States Marine Corps I was deployed for a year to Okinawa, Japan. Mostly a s**thole but I made the best of it. The roaches there were HUGE...and any time the powers that be would have them chemically eradicated there would be some survivors, they`d become resistant, and a new chemical would be tried. Well, as it turns out, there was a natural way to control them, too simple to think of, until a local supplied the info. It seems that gekkos eat roaches. I managed to capture two of these quiet lil critters(only one lost his tail it grew back)and released them into my room. Within a week, I never saw a roach in my room again. A few of my fellow nco`s did the same, and within a few weeks, there was no sign of those filthy critters anywhere, even in the head at night when the lights were out.

4. Insomniac

Roaches are alien.

You can actually cut their heads off, and they will live for a month!

Their blood is green, and they shit out of their mouths.

They can hold their breath for over 40 minutes, and the female only mates once and is pregnant for life.

When times are tough, a female roach can determine the sex of her offspring, having all females and no males.

If food is scarce, the young will eat the parents crap!

5. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

Sounds much like the human species at times.......

6. laurieB

laurieB MajorGeek

i think that maybe there are just too many here for the gekkos to eradicate. in addition my cat kills gekkos and isnt so fond of roaches.

7. Hey maybe i should let geckoes into someone's house who has a roach infestation and see what happens. :D. Maybe i cana make a nasty vacumn potpurri and when they smell it they will go away. Im such a genius :p. Lol.
    -the new tech guy

8. Insomniac

You can catch them with a vacuum cleaner.

If you go from behind with it on, the air sucking over their heads makes them think the attack is coming from the front, so they run backward into the vacuum head.

I'd love to know where to buy flypaper. I'd prefer that to poisons, but every place I've checked doesn't stock them.

9. shnerdly

shnerdly MajorGeek

Hey Insomniac

I haven't read thru all of these replys but you should check out a powder called Boric Acid. Its also called Borax and a multitude of other things but it is supposed to be the best natural pestacide ever. It's a product thats mined in California. It's supposed to work well for crawling bugs. Run a search on the net and you'll find all kinds of stuff on it. If you can't get it there let me know and I'll ship you a box.

10. Insomniac

I've heard of boric acid.

I'm sure I'll be able to find some here, but thanks for the offer. Much appreciated!

I had a read online, and apparantly it's very effective (and very interesting).

The roaches eat it, and spread it back to the nest where the young feed on it.

Sounds perfect. Only hard part is finding some.

Thanks for the info, and look out you filthy roaches! :)

11. shnerdly

shnerdly MajorGeek

If you want to try it and can't find it there let me know. A 5 pound box here only costs 3 bucks and my wife works for a company that does intl. shipping so it shouldn't be a problem.

12. Insomniac

I'll have a look over the next couple of weeks, and if I can't find it, I'll give you a PM and organise it.

Thanks, I appreciate the offer!

BTW, what sort of shops carry this stuff?

13. shnerdly

shnerdly MajorGeek

Up here I get it at the grocery store around the laundry detergent. It works as an aid in cleaning cloths even though it's not a soap. The Brand names are Borax and Boraxo. I'm also told that animal supply stores carry it for pest control like fleas and such and hardware stores and farm supply stores have it for pest control. In years past it was used as an eye wash in a very mild solution of like 1 or 2%, so you might find it at a pharmacy but it will probably cost twice as much there.

14. Insomniac

I have a few pet supply warehouses nearby I can try, as well as some grocery and hardware stores.

I try to find it, if not, I'll give you a PM.

Thanks for the info, very handy. ;)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds