I Have 2 Issue That I Need Resolved With Microsoft Office Outlook 2007.

Discussion in 'Software' started by montecarlo1987, Feb 15, 2011.

1. montecarlo1987

montecarlo1987 Private First Class

Hello. I have been having two (2) issues that have been occurring for some time when I am using my Outlook 2007. These two (2) issues may be related or they may be not.

Issue 1: Duplicate e-mails from one particular e-mail account: username@domain.com for example.
    Issue 2: Send/Receive hung regardless of the particular e-mail acccount. Disabling secheduled send/receive or disabling automatic send/receive has not bearing on resolving this issue.

In detail:
    Issue 1: I have been getting duplicate e-mails in my Inbox from one particular username@domain.com e-mail. Note that these duplicate messages have the same date and time stamp and are not different. My other e-mails from other accounts are not duplicates. This has been happening for weeks now. Now, I have other free accounts that are not of the particular domain name account I previously stated and others are of the same domain name account I stated earlier with different usernames -- and these do not have duplicates. Only one username@domain.com account has been creating these same date and time stamped e-mail account duplicates.

Issue 2: By default, Outlook 2007 automatically sends and receives e-mail messages when it opens. It hangs near the end of the downloading of the sending and receiving process while the messages are loading into the Inbox and Junk E-Mail. I do get some of the e-mails from the server, but there are often a few that are still being hung up at the end of the send/receive process. The e-mail account domains associated with this issue can be any one of my many domains as well regardless of the username. Some accounts are completed and some are still sending and receiving and still hanging. This send/receive can last indefinitely. I have since disabled scheduled send and receive and disabled automatic send and receive so when I open Outlook, it does not automatically try to download when I open Outlook. But still this sending and receiving still hangs when I manually click the "Send/Receive" button. Now, I have to click "Canceled Task" and "Cancel All" the sending and receiving and close out of Outlook in order to get out of this issue. If I desire to reopen Outlook again, I cannot when I click on the Outlook shortcut icon. I have to get into the Task Manager and end the OUTLOOK.EXE process. Then I can re-open Outlook 2007 again. Then this whole process begins again. After 4-5 or more times of this cycle, I can get all my e-mails and I get the message stating that Send and Receive Complete.

Please tell me what I need to do in order to stop both Issue 1 and Issue 2 above.

Thank you!

2. Baxter Stockman

Baxter Stockman Private First Class

3. montecarlo1987

@ Baxter Stockman:

Hello. Thanks for your reply.

I have the latest Office Update installed That is SP2. I do not see any indication of SP1 in my Windows Installed Updates. However, if Office updates are cumulative like Windows OS updates, then the SP2 is all I need to be "updated".

Any other ideas?

Please reply one and all.

Thanks!

4. Baxter Stockman

Do you have any antivirus program that might be scanning e-mails?

5. montecarlo1987

@ Baxter Stockman:

Hello again. Thanks for your continued help! :)

Yes, I do! I am running CA Internet Security Suite 2010. It is a freebee offered by my ISP. (Well, technically I am paying for it.)

Hmmm... ...could be a possibility. Yes, I started running this software a few weeks ago -- very ironic this has been happening roughly the same time frame as these issues have been occurring.

I will test this theory and get back to you in a few minutes.

Thanks!

6. montecarlo1987

@ Baxter Stockman & all:

Hello again. YES!!!! THAT IS THE ANSWER!!! THANK YOU Baxter Stockman!!! :-D ;)

When I click on Send/Receive button in Outlook 2007, things run normally!!! I had to completely uninstall the entire software security suite in order to things to work well.

So, it looks like I am going to have something to homework and find another anti-virus software suite that has it all.

Anything you can recommend that protects well (firewall), scans well for high dectection rate detecting viruses and other malware, and spyware too??? ...and OBVIOUSLY does not interfere with Outlook too!!!

Please reply.

Thank you!

7. Colemanguy

Colemanguy MajorGeek

8. Baxter Stockman

You are welcome. Glad I could be of assistance. :cool

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds