I have a file on my desktop that I can not delete.

Discussion in 'Software' started by vestalmiss, May 31, 2007.

1. vestalmiss

vestalmiss Private E-2

I can not get rid of the file? I know it came from a file I unziped. I think it is a leftover something from the unzipping process.

Ves

2. Novice

Novice MajorGeek

More information would be helpful before suggesting anything!:)

3. Colemanguy

Colemanguy MajorGeek

not really start with a reboot and try to delete it again.

4. Novice

Novice MajorGeek

Only asked for more information because the poster had posted in the hardware section about a chck disk problem three minutes before.:)

5. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

1. Boot into safe mode and try to delete their?
    Hit F8 repeatedly at boot to get to the safe mode menu

2. Try one of the below to delete the folder, may or will need to reboot to complete.

• Pocket Killbox
    • MoveOnBoot this one, once you dragNdrop the file or browse for its location, deletes the file on reboot, so any applications that have locked the file are not running so cannot lock it before deletion.. my fav!
    • Unlocker

6. Oooops!

Oooops! MajorGeek

Unlocker has worked great for me. I can even access it when I right click on a file that refuses to delete. Quick and easy.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds