I have a problem that needs a solution

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by MASTERJEDI688, Jan 19, 2011.

1. MASTERJEDI688

MASTERJEDI688 Private E-2

Everytime i log on to the internet, I get this thing that pops up and says:ipworks6.dll is not working. Reinstalling this program may help the problem. Its a rectangular box that pops up quite often. any solutions to what this is and what too do? and what is ipworks6.dll? what does it do? How do I fix it?

2. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

Greetings, MASTERJEDI688.

"ipworks6.dll" is apparently used by /n software's IP*Works C++ platform.

Do you have any C++ development software loaded?

3. MASTERJEDI688

Actually the problem has been fixed. I believe from what the tech told me, it had to do with IE. so I downloaded FF. so lets see if this works. But just in case, I'm not sure if i have any C++ software on my pc. Can you give me some names so that I can check?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2011
  4. MASTERJEDI688

Apparently, the problem has NOT been fixed. While logging on to the internet, The rectangular box popped up again with the same message saying that ipworks6.dll is not working. Reinstalling it should fix the problem. Question is, I don't know what C++ software I have on this pc. Is there some way to fix this pop up so it doesn't keep popping up?

5. handygal

handygal First Sergeant

Try going to the malware forum and downloading ccleaner. It gets rid of registry errors. It's possible there is an invalid reference in the registery. It happens sometimes when a program does an update that involves an uninstall of an old version

That dll has been associated with windows and other programs, like Adobe. It's apparently quiet common.

There is also a malware that uses that dll name. Have you recently cleaned out or quarantined malware? It might have left a registry entry behind that ccleaner should clean up for you.

6. Geminiione

Geminiione Private First Class

try this, go to the properties of the network card and uncheck the tcp/ip ver 6 and reboot the system. then go to the properties of your network card and put the checkmark back in and reboot your system. try that for a bit and see if the error pops up again. or you can leave out asmost systems work just fine on the old vesion of the protocal

7. handygal

handygal First Sergeant

Mastserjedi has another thread. I think we solved it with an uninstall of the Verizon ISP support software.

8. MASTERJEDI688

Go to the properties of the network card? What properties and Network card? Or you can leave out as most systems work just fine on the old version? Can you explain all this a little more please because I really need to get rid of that damn pop up. I still have it popping up.

9. handygal

handygal First Sergeant

Gemini is saying that older computers used to have one option in the network card properties for TCP/IP. It's a line in the property page, usually the last one, that says Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) (which is actually version 4)

The newer computers now have two lines,
    Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6)
    Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)

Hardly anything in the US uses v6 yet and it's not necessary in order to have a connection. In fact, some users have reported issues or bugs with having v6 turned on. Since it's currently not doing much, if anything, it's a common troubleshooting step to uncheck that in the properties page of your network cards.

10. MASTERJEDI688

How do I get to the properties Page?

11. satrow

satrow Major Geek Extraordinaire

12. MASTERJEDI688

I have windows XP not windows 7. Is there another solution?

13. satrow

Ok, on re-reading the thread, it seems to have nothing to do with TCP/IPv6.

Back to Caliban's original reply :). Is your ISP Verizon? If so, try reinstalling their software.

Do you have an old version of A2/A-Squared installed?

Do you have any non-Windows networking software installed?

14. MASTERJEDI688

Yes Verizon is my ISP. What is A2/A Squared? To tell you the truth I've just about had it with that pop up. I've decided to just ignore it. It really doesn't interfere with my surfing the internet. sometime in the next month or 2 we will be switching to a new ISP. so for now, I'll deal with it. But thank you for replying to my threads and offering solutions.

15. handygal

handygal First Sergeant

I really thought that Verizon program might fix it. I'm out of ideas now too, sorry.

16. MASTERJEDI688

Don't worry about. Thanks for replying to my thread.

17. MASTERJEDI688

I thought the REGcure was a Freeware product. I think I'll try the other link. hopefully its a free product. Thanks again. If you know of a really good Registry cleaner/repairer let me know.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2011
  18. MASTERJEDI688

Ok the Driver detective is not free either. How do I remove the folder for both of them from my Program Files from Local Disk: C?

The Regcure file is damaged or corrupt and I can't remove it from the Local Disk: C. How do I remove it?

Last edited: Jan 24, 2011
  19. satrow

Looks like you followed some random advice there,try to uninstall Regcure and Driver detective.

The real fix to your popup problem lies with the Verizon software, either uninstall or reinstall it.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds