i have an asus p5q pro turbo motherboard and i don't knwo what drivers i need.

Discussion in 'Software' started by I.Need.Help, Oct 7, 2011.

1. I.Need.Help

I.Need.Help Private E-2

I am re-installing windows 7 home premium 64 bit
    I don't know what drivers i actually need. On the website there are about 39 total drivers, however i need help knowing which ones are actually needed to run.
    I don't want the small extras that make tiny enhancements, i just need the ones that will make everything run.

Please can someone help me find 'exactly' what drivers i need just for the motherboard. i.e VIA Audio Deck is a sound one i need.

2. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

Instal the chipset driver first, then LAN, then audio and whatever utilities/devices that you need. I'll assume you don't have the original disk. Just grab the latest.

3. I.Need.Help

I.Need.Help Private E-2

4. iain.t

iain.t MajorGeek

Hi,
    All of the drivers that you need are to be found here....

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_775/P5Q_PRO_Turbo/#download ... select your OS (win7 64bit)

install the chipset driver (Version 9.1.1.1019) first then restart your machine, then install these in the order given.... restarting after each install...

1.Audio... (Version 6.0.1.7100)
    2.Lan... (Beta Version 1.0.0.45)

hope this helps!!

iain.t :major

5. augiedoggie

Just the newest ones, 9.1.1.1019 for the chipset etc.

When I was installing my P5Q Pro drivers I had a choice if I wanted to install extras like that horrid instant on web or something like that.

6. I.Need.Help

I.Need.Help Private E-2

are those the only ones i need? when i first installed i had about 10.

7. iain.t

iain.t MajorGeek

Yeah!! ;) thats all you need for your system to run normally, you don't need anything else, unless your system "asks" for it after the install of the core drivers ;).

8. augiedoggie

Those are the only drivers that I ever installed and had no issues at all.

9. I.Need.Help

I.Need.Help Private E-2

Thank you both i think everything is working fine after my re-install.

10. iain.t

iain.t MajorGeek

Thanks for the feedback ;), if you have any issues relating to this just post back here for some assistance ok!!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds