I have an internet connection both wireless and with the ethernet cord but...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Smerced, Mar 21, 2009.

1. Smerced

Smerced Private E-2

Hello everyone, I am very new to this site and I did read the previous posts...none of which helped. I have an Compaq Presario C500(Vista Home Basic). I have an internet connection both through the wire and wireless. But Internet explorer "cannot display the web page". I have reset my router, modem and pc but nothing is working. My modem and router are from verizon. I have another pc that is working perfectly. I am not pc savvy but any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Any Ideas?
    Thanks

Last edited: Mar 21, 2009
  2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

If you have a software firewall, disable it to test that this is not blocking your internet connection from the browser, also test any program that has a update option, or MSN Messenger to see if they connect ok.

Could also try a different browser (Firefox or Opera) to see if that gets around the problem, this way we can narrow down if the issue is the browser or something else.

Use CCleaner to delete the temps and cookies.

You have not had any strange occurances on that PC, like popups or your Antivirus/Malware program finding Malware have you?

3. Smerced

Smerced Private E-2

Thank you for your help! I checked my firewall and my anti virus was blocking my connection. I removed trend and installed rps. Everything is working great now. Thank you!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds