i have no idea?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by slayer1970, Sep 16, 2006.

1. slayer1970

slayer1970 Private E-2

ok i have been tampering with this old hard drive and thought that i had it fixed well still not sure but the thing is went to bump up my speed went from 100hertz to 150hertz (says it is adjudtable up to 250 hertz )when i hit save it went to boot got stuck and now it wont boot up at all tried to reset it it comes on you can hear ti work threw its boot options but nver boots up even when i put my good HD back in like its not reading they are there?
    please help am poor got alot tied up into this PC tell me i didnt screw it up ?

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Are you sure you have the hard drive firmly seated on the cable?

3. slayer1970

slayer1970 Private E-2

man i wished it was that easy the fans start up it boots the two roms i have but it never boots windows and the prosessing light on the front just stay lite up and it runs never boots up i dont have a clue pleases help!!!!!!

4. TimW

Remove the cmos battery ....for a while (not just a few minutes ...some mobo's hold the charge for an hour) ...while it is out ...push the power button and hold for a count of 10 ....(ps unplugged) ....try again to get into the bios. Restore to default.

5. slayer1970

slayer1970 Private E-2

hey you are the man lol got on to tell you i done some resurch had it back up by doing just that you are saints here even though i am stuborn and get my self in to jams you guys always help thank you very much you are a great bunch
    live and learn thats what i say lol

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!
    :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

6. TimW

No problems ...NOW STOP MESSING WITH IT!!!!:) :) :)

7. slayer1970

slayer1970 Private E-2

lol ok i am well for now :)
    just went got me a western digital 160gb will tinker with this one later :) thanks for the info try to help me with other thread for laterz :}

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds