I Have Not Fallen Off The Face Of The Earth

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by dyamond, Jul 14, 2017.

1. dyamond

dyamond Imelda Marcos of Majorgeeks

I know it's been a while since I stopped by but life has really gotten away from me.I am on the move about 12 hours a day. I am tired.
    I hope everyone is doing well. Aside from perpetual busyness, I've been looking for a new job, one that doesn't make me want to pull my hair out strand by strand. The upside is he says some pretty (unintentionally) hilarious things. I'll leave with a small sampling of some of the things he's said, then you can see what I'm working with. :rolleyes:

Boss: What's a browser? I have this Google thing..

Boss (walks over to me and hands me one of those squeeze bottles of mayo): How do you work this mayonnaise?

Boss: *Hands me $100* Merry Christmas
    Me: Thanks, I appreciate that.
    Boss: You should.

Boss: What's this? *picks up potato chip off the ground and shows it to me.*
    me: It's a chip, don't eat it.
    Boss: *eats it*
    me: Ewww why did you eat that?
    Boss: I was hungry.

Boss: *out of the blue* I was constipated, now I'm not!
    Me: Thanks for sharing..
    Boss: Anything for you!

Boss: *In a slight panic* This (email from our EHR company) says we need to update our iPad app! What do we do?
    Me: You don't have an iPad.....

Boss: Why is this computer so slow? It must be that new laptop you bought.
    Me: That's not how it works, besides, that thing older than I am..
    Boss: It's not old!!
    Me: It's the same Win XP computer you bought when XP first came out.... In 2002..

Boss: This patient would like a pair of prescription sunglasses.
    Me: okay. (we pick out pair and discussed lens options. The patient then walks behind him to look at other glasses but is half facing me)
    Boss: Make sure to add A/R (anti-reflection coating most commonly used for night time driving).
    Me: What for?
    Boss: For night time driving.
    Me: .......
    Boss: ……
    Me (realizing I'm going to need to elaborate): She's not going to be wearing sunglasses..... at night....
    Boss: oh…
    (I look over towards the patient, she's completely facing me now and we lock eyes, and she's laughing silently)

(Take note how many times Verizon is mentioned before calling)
    Boss: I got an email from Verizon telling me my payment is due. I need to set up this payment plan with Verizon.
    Me: Well, You can call Verizon and do it or you can do it at Verizon.com
    Boss: I'll call. What's the number?
    Me: 1800 Verizon..
    Boss: After couple seconds, 1800 what?
    Me:.... Verizon
    He calls and hangs up after reaching wrong dept.
    Boss: It was 1800 what again?
    Me: Seriously?.. Verizon.

My boss's daughter needed a cd he just burned a song on to. He's just started playing it on a old school stereo/cd player.
    Me: She said she needs the song now, she has to leave.
    Boss: I know, I'll give it when this song is over.
    Me: Yea, but she needs it now, not when the song is over (it's a really long song, like 7 minutes)
    Boss: I'll wait until the song is over, I don't want to ruin it.
    Daughter's husband (who came in the room looking for the cd and over heard): How is it going to ruin it?
    Boss: I don't know how to make it stop and I don't want to scratch it.
    Me: Press stop?......

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Hey dyamond....good to know you are OK. Don't know if you will find that kind of humor in a different job, but good luck!

dyamond and katkat like this.
  3. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

Your boss sounds like a very 'special' person. Hope everything works out for you!

dyamond likes this.
  4. joffa

joffa Major Geek's Official Birthday Announcer

Plenty to laugh about with your boss.... I hope he gets the joke ;)
    Good luck finding somewhere with less stress and doing something you enjoy :cool:

dyamond likes this.
  5. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Jen, caio great to hear from you as always and OMG you must be having such a fun time where you are working from those lines!?

6. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Hey dy!

Good to hear from you, girl. :)

Pop in any time and posts your boss stories! They are always funny.

DavidGP likes this.
  7. Spad

Spad MajorGeek

Yay! Nice to see you here Dyamond! :)

8. Anon-9aee479f8f

Anon-9aee479f8f Anonymized

Some of his remarks look like a lack of common sense, some might be absent mindedness, the rest is just laughable! :confused:o_O:rolleyes::p:D

9. Anon-469e6fb48c

Anon-469e6fb48c Anonymized

Kat just like the people i work for.No common sense.:oops::oops::oops::oops:

10. Anon-469e6fb48c

There is a few others that have not been on in a while.

But nice to see you back.

11. dyamond

I'd rather a job that would help me preserve any sanity I have left than to have this type of humor. lol

12. dyamond

Fun is not what I would call it... head bashing on the wall is more like it. Someone rescue me!! lol

DavidGP likes this.
  13. Anon-469e6fb48c

I had a job that had nothing but drama and i hate them type of jobs.

DavidGP likes this.
  14. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hahahahaha I get those days at times, just glad mine are few and far between and only appear when I deal with IT, Procurement and Accounts, luckily I try not do delve into those murky waters alot if I can help it. I find smile (folks dont know what your upto) and deflect asshat questions and discussions with a random comment, I've in the middle of a boring as hell IT discussion just said "do you like salmon" and left the room leaving them puzzled.

baklogic likes this.
  15. the mekanic

the mekanic Major Mekanical Geek

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds