I have the issue of the MWSBAR.dll

Discussion in 'Software' started by gkozlowski, Apr 27, 2006.

1. gkozlowski

gkozlowski Private E-2

Currently, when PC is restarted, an error message pops up saying:

"Error loading C:\PROGRA~1\MYWEBS~1\bar\1.bin\MWSBAR.dll. The sepcified module could not be found"

Per suggestions from others, I installed Hijackthis and ran scan along with creating log file.

The log file contains the following items:

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MyWebSearch Email Plugin]
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [My Web Search Bar] rundll32 C:\PROGRA~1\MYWEBS~1\bar\1.bin\MWSBAR.DLL,S
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MyWebSearch Email Plugin] C:\PROGRA~1\MYWEBS~1\bar\1.bin\mwsoemon.exe

Per prior suggestions, I checked the checkboxes next to these three items and hit "Fixed checked" button. I can't tell if anything happens but the Hijackthis app immediately is shut down. I have tried this several times and have rebooted afterwards but the three items still remain. I recently hit the "Add checked to ignorelist" and restarted but the error message still appears.

Other items of note:

(1) not long after this error message first appeared, I also had an issue of Internet Explorer not opening (started last Friday 4/21). Per suggestions from WIndows XP FAQ, I unchecked the "Enable third party browser extensions" and then Internet Explorer would open. XP FAQ said if this was the result, then I likely had malware.

(2) I have noticed for about the last month that, with restart, system32 folder opens

(3) Recently I was prompted of opportunity for Google Search bar and I downloaded (likely culprit??)

(4) Other suggestions have had me searching for items related to MWSBAR. I don't find the folder referenced in the error message. Nothing was on Add/Remove Programs list except Google Search Bar, which I deleted. Since this deletion, the Internet Explorer issue is gone.

(5) Machine had noticeably slowed. Seems better after deletion of Google Search bar.

2. theefool

theefool Geekified

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds