I hope I came to the right place I really need help

Discussion in 'Software' started by babyturk, Jul 8, 2006.

1. babyturk

babyturk Private First Class

Today as I was starting up windows a message came up on my screen, it said, The IPHLPAPI.DLL file cannot start check file to determine problem, what does this mean? Please someone help,please, thank you in advance.:confused:

2. Toni_1947

Toni_1947 Command Sergeant Major

HI!
    Maybe this will help:

http://www.ascentive.com/support/new/dll_iphlpapi.phtml

iphlpapi - iphlpapi.dll - DLL Information

DLL File: iphlpapi or iphlpapi.dll
    DLL Name: IP Helper API
    http://www.liutilities.com/products/wintaskspro/dlllibrary/iphlpapi/
    Description:
    iphlpapi.dll is a module containing the functions used by the Windows IP Helper API.

Good Luck!
    :)

3. babyturk

I am using windows 98 SE, I am a computer moron and well I read what you told me to do and I still do not understand can you please be more specific? thank you for your help.

4. Toni_1947

OK,
    When you download the file for your OS..it's the first section.., save it to your desktop.
    Close your browser.
    right click the IPHLPAPI.DLL file you just downloaded and select 'Copy'
    Open 'My Computer'
    double click C: drive
    Find the C:\Windows\System folder
    Find the IPHLPAPI.DLL that's already there
    Right click it and select Rename
    Name it IPHLPAPI.BAK
    Right click any empty spot inside the folder window and paste the new file there
    Restart your computer

5. babyturk

I did everything you told me to do, but when I went to rename the Iphlpapi.dll file, a message came up and said, the specified file is being used by windows, please what does this mean, thanks again for your kindness in helping me out:)

6. Toni_1947

No prob!
    Re-start your computer in Safe Mode.

(To do this, re-start your computer, press the F8 key repeatedly while the system is re-starting, and then click Safe Mode on the Boot menu.)

Now rename the file and follow the remaining steps.
    Should be ok.

7. babyturk

Thanks alot I am going to do that right now:)

8. Toni_1947

10-4
    When you restart the last time (after you've followed all the steps) just boot normally.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds