i just found my new media player!!

Discussion in 'Software' started by hugh750, Mar 21, 2010.

1. hugh750

hugh750 MajorGeek

Yesterday i downloaded & installed aimp http://www.aimp2.us/ it's better then winamp and has better sound quality then winamp.:drool
    it sounds good on my hp pavilion laptop and thats saying alot!:-D

2. kerryh_r

kerryh_r Private E-2

i haven't found anything better than vlc

3. Burrell

Burrell MajorGeek

I like vlc for movies and other video files, but for music, it sucks.

Will have a look into aimp.

4. kerryh_r

kerryh_r Private E-2

When I'm playing lots of music on the PC. it's usually because I got guests, drinking vast quantities of alcohol, so quality is not so important!
    I must confess, I used Winamp for years, but switched to Media player with Vista, and since I got an iPhone, Itunes, but as you say, for movies, VLC is the bizz

Has anyone done a review on the software for music? I really don't think there's a great difference personally, and it depends also on your sound system, and the bit rate of the file, but please hugh750, can you support your post with some facts? You have external speakers, a woofer, or just what came with the laptop? If the latter, I can't take your recommendation too seriously.

5. Burrell

Burrell MajorGeek

I use Itunes too, as my family have many ipod's and Iphones.

I haven't found a video file that VLC can't play yet.

6. hugh750

hugh750 MajorGeek

No just built in laptop speakers.;)

7. Burrell

Burrell MajorGeek

then you shouldn't be noticing too much a difference to matter what software you use.

I tried aimp and have to say i wasn't too impressed.

8. kerryh_r

kerryh_r Private E-2

You aint trying hard enough!! :)

9. hugh750

hugh750 MajorGeek

I have aimp set to 32 bit audio processing and it seems to help it sound better.:-D

Attached Files:

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds