I Keep losing Connection when streaming Video

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ah577, Sep 24, 2005.

1. ah577

ah577 Private E-2

Hello:
    I have a wireless home network set up (One computer connected wired, two connected
    wireless, tivo connected wireless) It is a Linksys Router BEFW11S4 Version 4 and
    a Westell DSL Modem (With Verizon as my provider).

My problem is that whenever I am on the wired computer and I am streaming content
    over the Internet (Video, Audio) I lose my Internet connection. I then have to unplug
    the power to the router, turn off the modem and then plug the router back in and
    power up the modem. It happens each time I stream a file.

I am lost now when it comes to trying to fix this. I spoke with linksys tech support
    and they did not seem to have any idea.

I was able to stream fine with for the longest time and then this problem happened.
    Also note that I was streaming fine with all of the computers on the Network, so
    I do not believe it is caused my adding any of them. I have not added anything to
    this network in the past four months.

I appreciate any help that anyone can offer.

2. kjanz

kjanz Corporal

best thing to do, remove all network devices, all software/drivers, delete the network settings, reboot, rebuild the network, 1 device, one driver install at a time.

3. ah577

ah577 Private E-2

I just finished doing this and still have the problem. I have also tried having just one connection going (unplugging all of the other adapters, one at a time) and it still has the problem.

I have spoken to Linksys Tech Support, but they were clueless. They did want me to change the MTU setting. I probably changed it about 10 different times. Starting at 1472 I dropped it to 1400, 1300, .... as low as 576. The problem was still there. They finally admitted that they had no answer for me and wished me good luck! :rolleyes:

If anyone has any idea I would appreciate it. I am hoping to watch some of the baseball games down the stretch on the mlb.tv web site but without a connection I can't do that :)

Thanks!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds