I lost my email

Discussion in 'Software' started by fastjanow, Dec 13, 2008.

1. fastjanow

fastjanow Private E-2

I have been using incredimail then all of a sudden my email is going to my isp. comcast.net no matter what I do I can't configure incredimail back...I took my firewalls off that didn't help. thanks fastjanow

2. sikvik

sikvik Corporal Karma

3. shanrene123

shanrene123 Private First Class

Another idea...uninstall "incredimail", then reinstall it and reconfigure your pop3 & smtp servers, etc... Do you remember how to? Make incredimail your "default" e-mail client. It normally asks when you start it, if it is not already. You can also do this under Control Panel, there should be a listing of System Defaults, depending on which OS you are using. Good luck & keep us posted! Thanks, Shanrene

4. fastjanow

fastjanow Private E-2

I just went and tried all of the things comcast said to do. Then a message keeps coming up ERROR TRY AGAIN..and I did to no avail. Thank you you guys are awsome. I'm a 65 yr.babe and I'm not what I used to be.. fastjanow

5. fastjanow

fastjanow Private E-2

OH ! I have windows vista. I recently had to reinstall incredimail again. My pc crashed, I have had more trouble with this pc in one year that Iv'e had it ,than the 9 years of my old one . Which by the way never crashed. windows xp...fastjanow

6. fastjanow

fastjanow Private E-2

I'm down here in FLA by the way

7. Sysbase

Sysbase Private E-2

Just call comcast! They will help you.
    [​IMG]

8. fastjanow

fastjanow Private E-2

just talked live to comcast. They don't have anything with incredimail and can't direct me to it. They only have outlook and windows, good to remember.

9. sikvik

sikvik Corporal Karma

10. fastjanow

fastjanow Private E-2

This is exactly what I have had for years the same in every field. This is why I'm half nuts. I had been using this incredimail without a hitch for years until 12-07 and boom all my mail was going into my comcast email account. I don't know what prevoked it.I have been on this day and night,that's why i wrote you guys U have solved many a problem for me..I was going to download a pops 3 to use as a go to..what think you on this?

11. fastjanow

fastjanow Private E-2

This is exactly what I have had for years the same in every field. This is why I'm half nuts. I had been using this incredimail without a hitch for years until 12-07 and boom all my mail was going into my comcast email account. I don't know what prevoked it.I have been on this day and night,that's why i wrote you guys U have solved many a problem for me..I was going to download a pops 3 to use as a go to..what think you on this?

12. sikvik

sikvik Corporal Karma

I was going to download a pops 3 to use as a go to..what think you on this?[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry I did not understand the above...

Daft as it may sound, they may have made changes to POP3 and SMTP without updating their site or support centre :-o

Can you configure Outlook Express, to comcast and check if you can send and receive mails?

Is Incredimail giving you an error message. You've probably gone through this.

http://help.incredimail.com/incredimail/help_center/help_article.aspx?is=t&article_id=108

13. fastjanow

fastjanow Private E-2

Hi Sikvik, wow! U have hung in there for me and I thank you. I uninstalled Incredimail had to register again no fun, Lost my address book again. this is so weird I can't import anything from comcast..net mail it's like it doesn't exsist. I lost all my mail and pictures also. I thought it would be worth it. Now I feel sad I don't have anything left and no mail .What can be in here doing this..Do you think I should use system restore and go back to before this happened on the 7th of Dec. ???

14. sikvik

sikvik Corporal Karma

System restore can't help now..

Please try Outlook Express as I prompted. Use the same POP3 and SMTP settings and check. Let us Know if that works.

I'm out of ideas, please wait for responses from other members. Cheers...

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds