I:\my documents is not accessible

Discussion in 'Software' started by bastband, Apr 13, 2009.

1. bastband

bastband Private E-2

Hi ,
    I am getting the above error on startup and at various times.
    The full error is
    I:\my documents is not accessible. The file or directory is corrupted or unreadable.
    It all started when my son used all the space on my small c drive with itunes.
    I did the following,

'If you do not want the various subfolders such as "My Videos" and "My Music" from being recreated, just follow these directions.

Disable –

1. Click Start
    2. Click Run
    3. Type the following in the run textbox regsvr32 /u mydocs.dll
    4. Click OK

I also changed my phone and installed Nokia Music the I drive.
    This worked fine for a couple of days, then I got the above error. I uninstalled Nokia music and did below

Some programs may take advantage of a few of the features in mydocs.dll. If you notice a program not working correctly, you can re-enable it.

Enable –

1. Click Start
    2. Click Run
    3. Type the following in the run textbox regsvr32 mydocs.dll
    4. Click OK
    The my documents file on I will not delete, so I tried installing Nokia music to it again and got Error 1304 when installing wavdest.dll to my documents , verify you have access to that directory.

Pretty complicated and screwed up eh?

Any help appreciated
    Thanks

2. Cordialis

Cordialis MajorGeek

Are you sure this is not malware related? Have you run chkdsk and scannow?

3. Drizzles

Drizzles First Sergeant

Yer do whatt Cordialis said and make sure you check your LOGS after wards! In a computer shop I used to work in it was standard procedure to run chkdsk /r on all the HDDs on ANY computer we worked on ... one of the idiots that my boss hired was fresh out of Uni, had a Bachelors Degree w/ Honours in IT AND had a Certificate IV in IT ... he ran the chkdsk every time ... but one day a computer came back with a SMART error a week after wed sent it out ... and it seemed the idiot hadn't checked his chkdsk logs after running the scans ... it had been happening for 9 months!! lol ... he got laid off pretty quick.

Plus do a search for Unlocker 1.87 on the MG homepage ... download it and run it on your mydocs folder ... if it IS an access right problem ... Unlocker will fix it.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds