i need a wireless adapter NOT by netgear

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Nick 29A, Jan 26, 2008.

1. Nick 29A

Nick 29A Private E-2

hey there. i have a netgear rangemax b/g wireless router (WPN824), and i need a wireless adapter to receive the signal for my desktop. i bought netgear's rangemax g wireless USB adapter (WPN111), but it's an AWFUL piece of equipment-- i've had two dozen blue screen crashes since plugging it in not two weeks ago, and it frequently drops the connection altogether. i didn't imagine it could suck so much, so i hadn't done any research before i bought it, which was a big mistake: in no time at all you can find that "Some configurations using Windows XP Professional, SP2, cause computer to freeze with a blue screen" is an issue KNOWN to netgear, and they haven't done anything to fix it. so now i looked up their wireless g adapter card, and it's got the same software issues that cause blue screens.

my question is, what wireless b/g adapter card can i buy that will
    a) CONNECT with my netgear WPN824 router
    b) MAINTAIN a reasonably good connection
    c) NOT CAUSE BLUE SCREENS EVERY TIME I WATCH A VIDEO ON YOUTUBE
    ???

PS: i read all the posts in this forum that had anything to do with netgear wireless adapters and things like that (read enough to know they didn't address this exact issue).

2. cat5e

cat5e MajorGeek

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds