I Need Free download of Lavasoft adaware for win 98

Discussion in 'Software' started by sunchaser, Jul 9, 2009.

1. sunchaser

sunchaser Private E-2

Had to reboot old computer and lost Lavasoft adaware for win 98..Main website will not support it anymore..does any one have the latest for win 98 thank you!!!:cool:cool

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

I have moved your thread to the software forum.

3. theefool

theefool Geekified

4. nicknicknickandnick

nicknicknickandnick Private E-2

I've been looking at my installed freeware on Windows 98 lately myself, and yes I have found that the version of Adaware that works with 98 does not provide updates anymore (no longer supported). Spybot Search and Destroy is still useful, though, and an older Spyware Doctor also, though it requires paying for a license to remove what it finds (you may decide to do the removal work yourself, if you have experience with the potentially hazardous work of deleting stuff in the registry).

5. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

If you can't update to a secure Operating system, support for 98 ended in July 2006[/], please use an antivirus that works. Avast! can be installed on 98 and is updated.
    http://www.avast.com/eng/avast_4_home.html

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds