i need help putting a dvdrw into an enclosure

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by maddbaron27, Oct 8, 2006.

1. maddbaron27

maddbaron27 Private E-2

I was given a dvdrw internal and an 5.25 enclosure so i can use it as an external dvdrw. I can get the dvdrw into the enclosure easily but i cant figure how to connect the plugs inside to the back of the dvdrw. I tried uninstalling the back of the enclosure but its all welded together, but i noticed something the box for the enclusure says hdd which i assume is hard drive so put all the pieces inside look the same and like they would plug into the dvdrw but they are too short to pull out. Anyone have any ideas how I can make this work or do I have to buy a new enclosure myself that says specifically dvdrw?

any help would be welcome please

2. Natakel

Natakel Guest

If it was for a standard IDE PATA drive, the enclosure should work fine with a standard optical drive like you describe - they use the same ribbon cables and power hookups.

There must be some way to get the enclosure apart . . . if you can find the brand name and model type/number, try a Google search and see what comes up and/or post the data here and I'll see what I can find.

It's not a home-made job, is it?

3. maddbaron27

maddbaron27 Private E-2

i had to take it to a computer place and somehow they did it. i have no idea how they got it done but it works great now... thank you for replying.

4. Natakel

Natakel Guest

No problem . . . I'm glad you got it worked out.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds