I Need help with a disk read error Please!!

Discussion in 'Software' started by jdc, Nov 26, 2007.

1. jdc

jdc Private E-2

Hey all I have a inspiron 9300 that is giving me a error that says
    A disk read error has occured
    Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to Restart
    I have rebooted several time and the same thing happened I have also went into F2 setup and changed the boot order to boot from cd/dvd rom and tried using the xp set up disk but I get the same message> If i completyy remove the hdd I get a message that says Internal Hdd error! Strike F1 to continue F2 to run setup utility. It acts as if it it is not even trying to boot from the cd/dvd rom . I have searched through several post and found nothing so i thought I would ask. Also I will mention that I downloaded a proggie from here >> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysinternals/utilities/processmonitor.mspxa called process monitor and set it in the options to enable boot logging upon first reboot is when i started getting the error listed above. any help would be appreciated

Thanks

2. studiot

studiot MajorGeek

Hello jdc, welcome to Major Geeks.

Not sure what you are trying to achieve by removing the hard drive?

Tell us a little more about the error.
    Is this the drive Windows is on?
    Can you actually boot to windows at all, including safe mode?
    When exactly does the error occur?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds