I need help with AVG Free Edition

Discussion in 'Software' started by fayefoo, Dec 10, 2005.

1. fayefoo

fayefoo Private E-2

I ‘m a newbee. I need help. My system is Windows XP. I have been using Avg Free Edition Anti Virus 7.0.It was installed 12 months ago and has been working fine until last week when it would not download any updates. I went on AVG FAQ but could not find any solutions. I was told by a friend to uninstall the program. I did so by using Add/Remove program… After doing this all I could find were empty files. When I went to reinstall the program a box opened and said (Avg Free Edition cannot be installed because there already is a full version of AVG Anti virus 7.0 installed on the computer.}…. The only option it gave me was to exit. I have searched my computer to find this program that is supposed to be there but have been unable to find it any where. I tried several times to reinstall but I always end up with the same page…My friend said to try to remove in Regedit…I have gone into Regedit and cleaned every thing that came up under {Grisoft AVG.} I have searched all files and folders and nothing comes up…..I tried to reinstall again but I am still getting the same box coming up telling me the program is in my computer. Does anyone know what I can do .to find and fix.. Please use plain language so I can understand. Hoping some one can help Thanks Fayefoo

2. Oooops!

Oooops! MajorGeek

Hi!
    I'm a newbie also, perhaps try a program called RegSeeker?

From what I understand, you'll want to back up your computer before making any changes to the registry. Once installed, make sure "Backup Before Deletion" is check marked (lower left hand side of screen). Then click on "Clean The Registry" found at the left hand side menu.

I hope this helps, RegSeeker has worked without problems for me.

RegSeeker
    http://www.majorgeeks.com/RegSeeker_d2579.html

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds