I need help with drivers for this generic brand digital camera.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Melanie Digital, Nov 19, 2007.

1. Melanie Digital

Melanie Digital Private E-2

Okay, we have this cheap digital camera that doesn't even have a brand name on it. All it says is Digital. We plugged in the USB cable and plugged it to the computer. The computer says "found new hardware" and asks "what do you want the wizard to do." You have the option to click on the recommended "search for a suitable driver" or "display a list of known drivers." Of course I clicked on the first one and when it asks for optional search locations, I click on Microsoft windows update because we don't have a disk included with the camera. When it searches, it doesn't find any drivers.

What do I do? I already took pictures with the stupid thing.

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Does it have an numbers on it at all, did you get a box with it? if so any reference numbers or codes, that could narrow this down.

Where did you buy it from, store name, country etc?

I take it that the camera does not use media cards to save pictures too and just uses internal memory? ( logic in that question is that you could at least get a media card reader to get the images off the media card )

3. Melanie Digital

Hi

It has a little white tag inside the battery compartment that says "DF040364204" and that's all. I didn't buy it, we got it from a relative and they have no idea where they got it from unfortunately. It just uses internal memory.

4. Melanie Digital

I forgot to add that it was purchased in the USA but on that FCC tag it says made in China.

5. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Going to be really hard to find drivers for this, without place of purchase as the supplier should know where the camera originates from, or a legitimate FCC ID number as that one doesnt list.

Place I usually would look to find drivers for generic cameras that originate from China whoudl be here but normally would have more info to go on http://www.alibaba.com/countrysearch/CN-suppliers/Digital_Camera.html

Which windows version you using? If XP then plug it in again and choose Display Known Drivers.. if one is called Mass Driver, then install that, as it allows you to access a digital camera card liek a hard drive, just goto My Computer if successful

Sorry I cannot help more... if I find more I will post again,

6. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

7. williamson85b

williamson85b Private E-2

I got one free for attending seminar. bet it cost about $2. But mine came with a mini-CD, about 3" or 8 cm diameter with Driver. Did not use it since I do not have a tray CD reader, only a slot, Mac to boot.
    Maybe I could find a way to get this driver to the group? But I have no idea if it is safe.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds