I Need Help With My Gateway Solo 2100 Laptop

Discussion in 'Software' started by Hewlett_Packard_4_Life, Oct 30, 2004.

1. Hello,

I have an old laptop. It's a Gateway 2000, Solo 2100. It came with Windows 98 SE, and I wanted to put XP on it. So, I formatted the drive, using DOS, and then, since my battery was low, the computer shut down. It was just finished formatting when it shut down. When I start it up now, all I get is a screen, which tells me the amount of RAM, and then it gives me the error message "Invalid System Disk, Replace Disk and Press Any Key". I have tried all of my CD's, including the following versions of Windows: 95, 98, 2000, XP Home, XP Pro. I even tried my Norton System Works 2005 CD. NOTHING! I need help, so, if you can provide me with any, please reply to this thread, email me at thournir_car_kid@sbcglobal.net , or IM me on AIM at LittleThournir.

Thanks... :(

2. Wavetar

Wavetar Sergeant

Why on earth would you do something such as formatting on battery only? You must be the gambling type. Anyway, it sounds like the boot sector of the drive was corrupted. Have you tried booting with a Win98SE bootdisk & using fdisk to see if it can even see the drive? Does your BIOS detect the drive?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds