I need help with Windows 7 configuration for "photos" screensaver

Discussion in 'Software' started by JustAnotherDude, Jan 24, 2010.

1. JustAnotherDude

JustAnotherDude Private E-2

My apologies if my is question is in the wrong group......I didn't really see any group that seemed appropriate. Here's what I'm looking for......

My computer runs Windows 7 Professional
    My video card is NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260

I have 2 monitors, 1920 x 1080

The graphics display is configured so I can drag a window on to either monitor.
    To get the wallpaper to show properly (not stretched or tiled) on both monitors, I had to create an image that is 3840 x 1080 pixels.

When the screensaver kicks in, IF in "photo" mode, it only uses the "main" monitor (where the taskbar and start menu are located). If the screen saver is in one of the other modes (3D text, Bubbles, etc), it automatically uses both monitors.

How can I get the screen saver to show photos on both display monitors?
    On a similar computer with inferior hardware running XP Pro, the screen saver properly displays photos on both monitors.

Thanks in advance for any advice/suggestions offered. I appreciate your time.

2. collinsl

collinsl MajorGeek

You may need to try downloading a screensaver program. Be careful if you take this route as screensaver programs are one of the most common ways of spreading virii

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds