I need some diagnostic programs...

Discussion in 'Software' started by Outlawstar15a2, Nov 8, 2009.

1. Outlawstar15a2

Outlawstar15a2 Corporal

I was wondering if somebody could help me. I need a freeware diagnostic program(s) that will test the following components for defects or pending failure: Motherboard, CPU, Power Supply, RAM, HDD, anything else that would cause Vista to suddenly freeze completely.

Use Memtest to test RAM I ran it overnight both in Vista and once again during boot mode and they both came back clean, I ran Western Digital's HDD diagnostic program it keeps coming up clean. Power Supply probably can't be tested but if theres a way It'd be nice. I'm most interested in testing the Motherboard and it's chipset, various L caches, SSE, CPU I have a Quad Core, and other vital parts of the motherboard. BIOS I already know needs to be upgraded but thats to fix a glitch it contains.

2. tym

tym Corporal

3. collinsl

collinsl MajorGeek

http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/

This is a compilation CD of a lot of manufacturer's diagnostics etc. It is a bootable disc, so you just burn the ISO to a disc, put it in the PC, set the BIOS to boot from the CD-ROM and use the diagnostics.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds