I need some more great help

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by lorilu, Aug 16, 2004.

1. lorilu

lorilu Private E-2

I am changing my CD-RW drive on my Sony Vaio Desktop , How do I get to it? you guys helped me with my memory upgrade and I am hoping you can help me with this????:) :D

2. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

Have to remove the cover, I have not had a sony in a while, odds are there are screws in the back that allow you to lift the cover off. Take a good look for what the cover is and what holds it in. If your lucky from there, odds are your CDROM is held in with 4 screws, use a magnetic screwdriver, make sure CD jumpers are the same and unplug the old one and plug in the new one and do it all in reverse :)

3. Strogg

Strogg 5-Star Freakin' Geek

be careful too. it takes a lot of effort and thinking to open up sony vaios; their case designs suck

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds